Saturday, February 21, 2009

Ok ok!... so I lied! (Gerrit) (Archive)

I lied. I freely confess it to everyone. I had initially planned to propose over spring break, but I just cannot wait any longer.

Last night Erin came over for dinner and hanging-out-with-my-family-time and I thought the ring was about to just jump out of the box up in my room and come shooting down the stairs to Erin's finger of it's own volition!

Last night I lay awake for a long time thinking about what to do. I finally decided that if I could work it out to talk to Mr. Bruce today, that I would propose today... I called him earlier this morning and asked him if we could go to lunch under the guise of talking about a Web Site that I'm going to do for him. I'm leaving in fifteen minutes to go pick him up... and am going to ask for his "blessing". I know he'll be super excited, but that doesn't keep me from feeling nervous. I hope Erin's not mad that I'm not going to have a chance to talk to her mom first as well...

As for how I'm planning on actually proposing, I plan on convincing Erin that it's such a pretty day that we should go out and enjoy it... and then going from there...

I need to go now so I can get ready for lunch... but i'm sure there will be many a picture to post later... :)

I'm so excited I can't hardly type... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment