Friday, December 4, 2009

Hooray Finals! (Gerrit) (Archive)

This week I started finals. I only actually had one today, but next week I have three... on tuesday.

This semester has been ridiculously busy. Some say I should have guessed that by the fact that I registered for 21 credit hours worth of classes and was holding down a part time job. Trust me... I guessed it, but there's no way I could have predicted how crazy the last few weeks have been.

Between three group projects worth around 25%-30% of my grade in each respective class, scores of tests, and starting training for my internship I haven't hardly had a chance to breathe... much less blog.

Despite all of the business, there have been some incredible events of various life-change that have happened over the past few weeks.

  • The Dan Mullen Era at Mississippi State ended its first season with a victory over Ole Miss

  • I secured A's in two classes in which my average was below 90, just by talking to my professors and explaining why I deserved an A

  • My systems design team tied for first in best system of the semester (we built a website called "beerforbully.com"... I wish I could devote a whole post to explaining its awesomeness)

  • I started training for my internship with Garan Manufacturing. I'll officially start in January and work full-time throughout the Spring semester.

  • oh... and I got an incredible job offer from ExxonMobile in Houston, TX for after I graduate...

On top of all that, I've been working on re-designing the website, reading nerdy books about technology, and trying to figure out how to be an accountant for a semester...

I'm so looking forward to getting done with this semester and heading home for christmas! Almost there!

No comments:

Post a Comment