Monday, May 25, 2009

Some Time In Huntsville (Gerrit) (Archive)

So after a few weeks in Huntsville, it is time to go back to school (at least for me...Gerrit doesn't start summer classes until next week).

We certainly got a lot done while we were in town though! Here are some updates.

1) We attended two weddings, one of which I was a bridesmaid in. We still have two more to go to this summer as well! It's just that time of year and that point in our lives.

2) We went to Six Flags (see previous post)

3) We met with several photographers, and after lots of debate we made a decision. We have booked Simply Bloom Photography! They do amazing work! Their style is very artistic and unique, and at the same they assured us that they take the traditional wedding pictures as well, so we should have a good mix. We are looking forward to having them photograph our wedding, as well as our engagement pictures and my bridal portraits. Check out some of their work at www.simplybloomphotography.com.

4) We met with many caterers and are yet to make a decision on that front. But we are making progress.

5) Both of our brothers graduated high school and we had a great time being with each other's families. Not so great a time sitting and listening to hundreds of names being called out.

6) I bought my wedding dress! I went back to the Something Blue Shoppe with my mom, dad, and Gerrit's parents. I tried on the dress for them, everyone loved it, and we placed an order for it! Since we ordered it the store let us take pictures and I have looked at them so many times! I can't wait for everyone (especially Gerrit) to see my dress!

We had a great time in Huntsville! But now, unfortunately, it is time for the start of what looks to be an extrememly busy summer semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment