Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day Weekend (Gerrit) (Archive)

I went down to auburn to visit Erin for Valentines this weekend. Not wanting to go out when every other couple was going to be hitting the upper-middle-priced restaurants in a college town, Erin and I decided to go out on Friday night instead! Erin decided she wanted steak. I took a second to thank God for such a wonderful woman, and then enthusiastically agreed.

I called ahead to Outback to get our name on the list, and I'm glad we did. When we got there it was packed! It was about an hour wait at that point but we only waited for about 15 minutes. It's amazing how nice a dinner can feel when you treat yourself to an appetizer, and entree, AND dessert! It was all delicious! We had a great time! While we were there I also gave her her present, which most people really just don't understand so you need a little back story...

I'm a web developer, Erin loves books. I love books too. I started working on an online book community and library manager over the summer as a medium to teach myself some new skills. Well school kicked in and it was just too time consuming to work on during school... so I put it on the back burner. I knew that Erin really wanted me to finish it, so I decided the week before Valentines that that would be the perfect present! I spend MANY hours during the weekend and weeknights to get it finished. It's still a work in progress... but it was done enough that she could use it.

I know it sounds weird to say I gave her the website for valentines... but she was absolutely thrilled! I was pleased with it because it's something personal that I invested ALOT of time in... and It pleased her that I'd actually finished it!

In case you're interested... the site is called MyBookStash.com. Feel free to swing by and check it out!

Anyway... Valentines was good... I know that Erin was somewhat secretly hoping that I'd come out of nowhere and propose this weekend. She is DYING to know what I'm scheming...

No comments:

Post a Comment