Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's Great To Be An Auburn Tiger (Erin) (Archive)

This past weekend I went to my first Iron Bowl ever. I know this is kind of hard to believe, considering how I have grown up being indoctrinated by Auburn everything. But it was my first (and hopefully not only considering our move to Houston) Iron Bowl and it was a fantastic experience.

I really don't think I have ever been so proud to be a part of Auburn.

First of all, even though we lost we played amazingly. Really better than anyone thought we would.

Second of all, I have NEVER seen the student section so excited and crazy. I actually had to sit down because my stomach was starting to hurt from all the jumping and screaming.

Third of all, after it was over no one wanted to leave. We all stood around and then someone started the "It's great to be an Auburn Tiger" chant, and then when the football players went back to the locker room from the field we just cheered and cheered for them. And I swear I almost started crying.

The day just really exemplified why I love Auburn so much. Time with my family. Being around other Auburn families. Watching the team play, and cheering even when we loose because we played a good game.

Even though we are moving to Houston, I hope hope hope that I will still be able to come back to the Plains occasionally. Auburn has always been such an important part of my life, and I don't intend on letting that change just because we're moving to Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment